1) Best Workplace Diversity
Description: This award recognises the workplace in a fintech that has created an inclusive environment that accepts each individual’s differences, embraces their strengths and provides opportunities for all staff to achieve their full potential.
Criteria: Please answer the following questions (500 words max per question)
- Detail management’s approach to leadership, diversity and inclusion. How have management integrated diversity into the actions and activities of this business? What initiatives or changes have you brought about to drive diversity and inclusion? Diversity may include age, gender, ethnic, sexual orientation etc.
- Demonstrate how this implementation has created a positive impact on your operations or customer success metrics. Illustrate how it positively influences outcomes, actions and activities in your business and provide diversity metrics stating breakdown of gender, culture etc of current FTEs.
- How effectively has your leadership on Diversity & Inclusion contributed to the company’s success?
- Please also provide between 1-3 examples of customer testimonials, marketing collateral or other sources of information (such as any audited financial or business metrics and/or statements, or third-party independent party reports) as evidence to support your answers.
Please provide information in 1 collated PDF. (Max file size 10 MB)
Awards 2, 3 & 4 – FinTech Leaders of the Year
Description: These awards are open to any Fintech Startup, Hub, Incubator/Accelerator or Venture Capital firm operating in Australia. FinTech Australia uses EY’s definition of a Fintech Startup (EY & Fintech Australia Census 2020) – Organisations combining innovative business models and technology to enable, enhance and disrupt financial services.
2) Emerging FinTech Leader of the Year (under 35)
The Emerging FinTech Leader category acknowledges rising stars and aspiring leaders in fintech who are making a mark in their industry. This award recognises an individual in the fintech
community who has demonstrated a commitment to fintech innovation that delivers benefits to investors, businesses and/or consumers.
Nominations are invited from successful young fintech leaders from the age 18 and above to 35 and below (Precondition: at the time of the Finnies Awards on 23 June 2022). They must be currently working for a Fintech Startup, Hub, Accelerator/Incubator or Venture Capital Firm in Australia, and do not necessarily need to be a founder – entries are encouraged from all parts of the organisation.
3) Female FinTech Leader of the Year
This award specifically recognises a woman in the fintech community who has demonstrated a commitment to fintech innovation that delivers benefits to investors, businesses and/or consumers.
This is open to all women leaders in the role of Founder, CEO or senior management across any function e.g. MD/GM/COO, CMO, CFO, CTO etc in the Australian Fintech ecosystem i.e. they are currently working for a Fintech Startup, Hub, Accelerator/Incubator or Venture Capital Firm in Australia.
4) Outstanding FinTech Leader of the Year
This award recognises an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in the transformation and growth of the Australian fintech sector, either through defining new standards, launching a key technology initiative, or driving a regulatory-related change that benefits the industry and delivers benefits to investors, businesses and/or consumers.
This is open to all leaders in the role of Founder, CEO or senior management across any function e.g. MD/GM/CXO etc in the Australian Fintech ecosystem i.e. they are currently working for a Fintech Startup, Hub, Accelerator/Incubator or Venture Capital Firm in Australia.
Criteria for awards 2, 3 + 4:
Please answer the following questions (500 words max per question):
- Detail your approach to leadership, and how it has contributed to the success and growth of the business
Nominees must demonstrate:
- Strong leadership and management
- Exceptional skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- A significant impact on their company or business
- Recognition of their personal brand and network and impact of this on their career
- A commitment to personal development and a clear vision of the goals they have for themselves
- Provide up to 3 examples of initiatives you have developed as a leader in your business, detailing the success of the initiative and its impact on business growth. Please include reference to staff management, including your ability to recruit and retain key team members, as well as product development and culture. Examples of initiatives include:
- Tactics and strategies used to generate new, repeat or referred business here or abroad, plus any marketing campaigns to support them;
- Innovations delivered for your business and that have delivered efficiencies, new customers, and/or revenue growth.
- Staff management/development strategies you have implemented in your business to ensure you attract/retain the best talent.
- What is a major obstacle you or your business has overcome, and how did your leadership ensure a favourable outcome?
- Please provide one to three references, testimonials or other sources of information (such as any audited financial or business metrics and/or statements, or third-party independent data reports) as evidence to support your answers.
Please provide in 1 collated pdf. Max file size 10MB