These awards are open to any Fintech Startup, Hub, Incubator/Accelerator or Venture Capital firm operating in Australia. FinTech Australia uses EY’s “C.L.A.S.S.I.C.” framework to define a Fintech Startup – for more information see the EY FinTech Australia Census.
1) Excellence in Establishing Market Presence: Global
Description: This award recognises the fintech company that has most successfully proliferated its presence and identity globally through the creation of a strong brand or IP strategy. For example, this could include the use of a trade mark, digital or physical presence to expand their customer base in relation to count and location.
Criteria: Please answer the following questions (500 words max per question):
- Detail the strategy you have undertaken to establish your market presence in overseas markets, particularly with respect to gaining customer traction (B2C, B2B or both). Highlight any unique ways in which you have developed or executed this strategy compared to your peers.
- Detail the strategy you have undertaken to increase your market recognition in the global market. Please provide metrics that demonstrate an increase in market recognition.
- In executing the above, please discuss obstacles that you encountered, and any creative or novel solutions that you employed to overcome these obstacles.
- Please also provide between 1-3 examples of customer testimonials, marketing collateral or other sources of information (such as any audited financial or business metrics and/or statements, or third-party independent data reports) as evidence to support your answers. Please ensure that the examples clearly indicate evidence of growth in multiple geographies i.e. Australia plus another country/other countries.
2) Excellence in Industry Collaboration & Partnerships
Description: This award recognises an exemplary collaboration or partnership between at least one fintech and at least two other organisations delivering innovation that assists retail investors, companies/institutions or consumers through an innovative fintech platform or functionality or through knowledge-sharing. The partnership could be between two Australian companies or an Australian fintech and international partner, but must show opportunity to scale.
Note: The company must in their submission outline more than one partnership.
Criteria: Please answer the following question (500 words max per question):
- Detail the nature of the collaborations or partnerships, including the benefits delivered and received by the applicant.
- Detail the benefits delivered to the end customer (whether B2B, B2C or B2B2C). Highlight any specific, unique synergies or competitive advantages that eventuated from the collaborations or partnerships?
- Please also provide 1-3 examples of customer testimonials or other sources of information (such as any audited financial or business metrics and/or statements, or third-party independent data reports) as evidence to support your answers. At least one of these should be provided by, or endorsed by the collaboration partners or partnerships.